Monday, May 10, 2021

Family

Carol here ~

I had a great day yesterday! Vanessa, Lucas, Kailey, Jakob and Erin came for a Mother’s Day visit. They brought me this beautiful yellow petunia plant.


 

Jakob had wanted to go fishing and Lucas had brought his drone to play around with but it was too windy (again) for either so…next time, I guess.

Erin and Dan got their steps in. They texted me when they were ready to start down the ridge and I walked up to meet them. I’m getting around a bit better, although I’m a bit pokey.

Ended the day in front of the fire with a Mother’s Day ice cream treat.


We bought new umbrella’s for the patio table and the picnic table. The old ones had seen better days so decided to replace them. This time we got the ones that tilt so hopefully they will help keep the tables in the shade when that hot afternoon sun beats down.


As you can see, Dan hasn't finished up the painted quilt square that is going to cover that ugly green over the septic pump station.  He's getting close though...

I finished the quilting on Kim’s quilt. The quilting pattern is Moulin Rouge by Urban Elementz ~ one of my favorites.

Kims

I have the binding made and will be attaching it to the front of the quilt later today. Kim will finish it up by turning the binding and stitching it down on the back of the quilt.

I also have all the pieces cut to finish up my LIBERTY COURT wallhanging so hoping to get that together this week. It will probably be a while before it is completely done as I plan to custom quilt this one.


We'll see...I seem to get distracted easily...oh look, there's the eagle!

Have a good week everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I like the colors on Kim's quilt! Glad you are doing better and I'm looking forward to seeing the wall hanging when you have finished to custom work on it!!

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...