Friday, May 7, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, it’s Friday. That means week 18 for the year ended yesterday. My walking total has reached 887 miles. The last few days have been a struggle. No idea why, each step was torture. Probably why milage totals were low this week with only 45 miles for the week.

I did see a fox yesterday. I saw where it crossed the road about 100 yards up ahead of me. When I reached the location, I slowly walked off the road and up into the woods. I wasn’t in the woods too far when I saw it. 


At first it did not seem to mind me so much as it was checking out the brush pile, I’m sure looking for a squirrel or chipmunk. There is no shortage of them running around the woods around here. After a bit it must have gotten camera shy as it took off deeper into the woods. I turned back and continued my walk. 

 I also saw a spring favorite blossoming beside the camp road.



A purple Painted Trillium or Stinking Benjamin. Boy, don’t they smell bad! I’m sure many an unsuspecting innocent victim has been fooled into taking a sniff. I may have helped a few experience the odiferous grandeur of the Trillium. A pleasant spring fragrance … not.

Also yesterday, I was blessed with my favorite walking partner for a short walk. That’s right, Carol joined me for a short stroll up the hill and down the camp road for a ways. Hopefully she continues to mend.

I’m sure that her turtles are wondering where she’s hiding out. I think maybe she could get in her kayak (wouldn’t be pretty), but getting out would be a different story. (even less pretty). I don’t think she will try it soon. Although the video could be priceless. Probably like my sledding down the hill break my collar bone video. (which I still have not watched) Priceless.

Still working away on current quilt project. Lots and lots of pieces and steps. Sometimes even I wonder “what was he thinking”.

Here are a few of the completed blocks with at least one side of the sashing strips etc. already attached.


I attach sashing strips and corner stones to their blocks before layout and assembly. To me it just seems easier. Very little daytime sewing happens for me these days unless it’s raining. I sew a few hours most every night, but progress is slow. I am not a fast sewer, but I am persistent.

So enjoy your weekend, get out, take a walk and see what spring is producing this year as the vegetation awakens from it’s dormant season.

Have fun, I try to, and remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...