Monday, October 31, 2022

This and That

Carol here ~ 

I knew we shouldn't have put the kayaks away last week as this is how the pond has looked since Friday.


So nice out!

Dan said he would get mine back out again if I wanted.  I guess not as I don't want to clean it up again.  

I got a quilt loaded on Lena Longarm last week.  This is a Hunter Star from way back, don't know when or why it was made but figured I might as well get it finished.


That's as far as I got as I wasn't going to spend time indoors when it was so beautiful outdoors.  There will be plenty of indoor days coming up, I'm sure.

The birds are enjoying their new feeder.  How is it they find it so quick once the food gets put out?  


Love watching them.

More leave raking happened over the weekend.  BUT!  It's looking like we are over the worst of them.  This is the pic I showed you last week of all the oak leaves on the trees on the side of the pond..


This was those same trees yesterday..


Still some left but not the mass quantities as there were.  Yay!

This is a pic of the path from the ridge down to our end of the pond.


It's steeper than it looks.  Don't know if you can see it but Dan put a rope up along the right side when I first started having back issues a couple of years ago.  Even holding on to the rope coming down I was still slip-sliding on all the leaves so Dan blew them off with the leaf blower the other day.  Much better!  Don't need any broken bones at this point.

Grandson Evan arrived late yesterday afternoon.  Had supper with us.  His favorite ~ Nessa's Chicken, potato, peas and of course deep dish apple pie for dessert.  Spent the night, he will be heading back to school this morning as he as a late morning class.


Looks like another week of good weather, we'll take it!  

The Trick or Treaters will be happy too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...