Friday, October 21, 2022

New Glasses

Carol here ~

This has been a week of appointments.  Yesterday's was eye appointments for both of us at 5:00 pm.


What a dumb time for an appointment.  I'm ready for my jammies by then!

Dan's eyes were about the same so he didn't need new lenses or frames.  I did as my left eye has been blurry for a while.  

Picking out new frames is a chore I do not enjoy.  It's so overwhelming with all those choices.  Add in dilated eyes and not being able to see what you look like....ugh.  Dan took my picture with a pair on that I thought I liked.


I guess these are the ones. They are blue.  The tech tried to get me to try on a pair that were pink ~ I think not!  I don't do pink anything. Should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Grandson Evan Face Timed me the other day at about 5:00.

Me:  Hi Ev!

Ev:  Hi Mamie, whatcha doing?

Me:  Not much, how about you?

Ev:   Can I come over?

Me:  Of course, do you want supper?

Ev: ummmm, can Bumpa make me breakfast?

Me:  Yes

Ev:  On my way.

When he spends the night Dan makes them a big breakfast.  He fries up a big pan of potatoes, scrambles some eggs and pours it over the potatoes and cooks it until the eggs are set.  Bacon on the side, of course.

So as Dan was getting the potatoes ready I was peeling apples for an apple crisp as Evan loves it.  Had it in the oven baking by the time he got here.

Last week I was the energizer bunny ~ washed all the windows, cleaned out and vacuumed the car, walked, got a couple kayak paddles in, helped rake the beach and made a couple batches of applesauce (think I am on batch #5).

This week ~ my battery has run out.  I have managed to get my walk in every day, made applesauce and a batch of muffins but that is about it.  One of my appointments this week was my chemo treatment so am usually a slug for a couple of days after.  Oh well.

Mornings have been so foggy this week.  Be safe if you have to be out and about.


Suppose to be a beautiful sunny day tomorrow, hope you get out to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...