Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ 

It’s been good walking weather. Not too hot…yet. Total milage for the year just over 925 miles as of last Friday. There is still a long way to go, but half the year to do it. Time will tell.

What little I had to plant is about complete. I lost a couple cucumbers but don’t think that it will matter. Tomatoes are growing, I’ve had to train them with the rope or string to hold them up. Everything is at the “grow dammit” stage. It’s planted, I water daily and fertilizer everything weekly and hope for the best. 

The lady slippers are beginning to fade. They were pretty while they lasted and we will continue to enjoy them until they disappear until next season.



Carol has been busy getting the exhibit quilts for Maine Quilts washed and ready for the show next month. It’s fun seeing them laid out on the floor. I think it’s going to be fun to see them all hang together even for the one time. Some I hardly remember making.

The pollen this year is terrible, the pond gets green with it. The annual early summer drop of pine needles is happening now and at times it looks like it is raining pine needles. Other times it looks like it is raining maple seeds, or helicopters as we called them as kids. There is a bumper crop of them this year. At my daughter’s house on Sunday the driveway was covered with the little seeds.

Not much happening here, just chillin on the pond and walking around observing the ever changing scenery around me. Enjoy your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...