Friday, June 10, 2022

This Week

Carol here ~ 

I managed to get some front patio binding in this week


along with some quilting time with Lena Longarm.


On Wednesday afternoon we headed out for our walk, got about halfway down Old County Road and noticed some very black clouds coming our way.  Made a U-Turn and headed home.  This is what the sky looked like from the beach.  


We heard several rumbles of thunder, saw no lightning but then the rain came!  We watched it move down the pond.

At the other end

About half way

It's here!

It was a short lived storm, the sun was shining again in no time and we were able to get a kayak ride in before supper.

Our daughter, Erin, is the music teacher at Rangeley Lakes Regional School.  Wednesday evening was their Spring Concert, first one since 2019.  I have not missed one of these concerts since she started teaching 21 years ago.  I was bummed that I was going to miss this one BUT it was live streamed so we got to watch it from the comfort of our home!  So cool!



Words from Erin ~

"Tonight’s concert was probably my favorite one ever. The kids never cease to amaze me. And it was a nice reminder of how much I truly love my kids and my job."

Our grandson, Evan, is graduating on Saturday.  Yesterday was Class Day so we decided to head to Rangeley to attend.  

Awards, class gifts, prophecy and wills were given.  The seniors had fun with this as they were all dressed as critters!



Evan was the frog.



I told him he was much better looking than the frogs over on Mud Pond!

We will be heading back up to Rangeley tomorrow for graduation.  


Have a great weekend! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...