Monday, February 28, 2022

Maine Quilts 2022 ~ Part 1

Dan here ~

Those of you from Maine may already be aware that Maine Quilts  will be special for Carol and I 
this summer.

As you are aware, if you have following this blog, I have been working on a series of quilts that Carol has been frantically quilting.

For many they have been referred to as my Rona quilts. These were the quilts that I created after isolation was imposed due to the COVID 19 virus. I called this the Rona virus and referred to the quilts created as the Rona quilts. They have grown to include the first two that I started as my stash buster series of scrappy quilts ~ now called my “Can I Use up My Stash?” series.

I pitched the idea to the powers that be regarding Maine Quilts and they agreed that my scrap series would be a welcome addition to this years quilt show being held July 28-30 at the Augusta Civic Center, in Augusta, ME.



So Carol and I will have 20 of my original scrappy quilts in a special exhibit at the show. You have seen many of them in the blog and now anyone coming to the show in July will get the opportunity to see them in person and witness my insanity close up.



We hope to see you there!

4 comments:

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...