Friday, March 25, 2022

Around the Pond

Carol here ~

It hasn’t been a great week for walking, weather wise. Is was SO WINDY Monday and Tuesday. Dan asked if I was walking and I said nope, I made it through nine months of aggressive chemo and I’m still kicking, I’m not going for a walk in this wind and get dead by a tree falling on me.

I did get a good walk in on Wednesday, made it around the pond! First time since about this time last year.  Should be able to build back up to my 3-4 miles by summer.




This photo is from the end of the pond, can you see our house down there?



I finished hand stitiching all the sleeves on the quilts that will be at the Special Exhibit at Maine Quilts this summer. What a chore that was! But they are done. 

Dan told you about the baby quilt he made a couple of weeks a go. I quilted it with the same pattern I used on the Morning Star 2 quilt, FIELDS OF DREAMS.

I re-sized the pattern to 10”, it came out really cute on the quilt. Got it bound, washed and dried and gifted to one of the gals at my oncology office that is expecting a little girl in a couple of weeks. And I forgot to get a photo of the quilt when I finished it, darn!

As I was looking in a drawer for a piece of scrap batting big enough for the baby quilt I found this quilt I had completely forgotten about.


I pieced it at a retreat with sewing friends when we all rented a place over in Casco ME in 2020.  The pattern is called Starflower Surprise by Michelle Hiatt.

So, I guess I might as well get it quilted. I think daughter Vanessa should have this quilt as orange is her favorite color and the border fabric has butterflies on it and the meaning of her name means butterfly.

What do you think Vanessa?

Looks like we are getting a few good melting days coming up.  Can't wait to see water when I look out my front windows.  

We are starting to see some beach, but all that will be under water after all the snow melts and we get the spring rains. I'm just hoping there will be enough beach to park my kayak on!


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...