Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

I wish the weather would make up it’s mind. This idea of warm then back to cold etc. is getting old. The wind was howling today, during gusts I could feel the house vibrate. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the wind. 

Walking has been a nightmare as the changing weather has caused the dirt road to turn into one long mud wallow. Bad almost all the way, with sections where it is even worse thrown in. The town is working on the issue and have hauled a great many loads of fill as they attempt to get above the muck. We’ll see.

Still more or less between projects. I say more or less because I am still cleaning up scrap bins of leftovers pieces and whole blocks. As blocks are found they are squared to their best size and laid out on the floor with like sized blocks. 



9” finished blocks appear to be a common size. I found quite a few LeMoyne Star blocks that trimmed to 9” finished. 



I have found a sizable number of various 3” finished units that will grow into 9” finished blocks to add to that pile. 






8” and 6” finished blocks along with their component pieces are piling up in the stacks on the floor.

I sure wish I still had the table space that our old Quilt Inn had up in Rangeley.

My mind is beginning to see how combinations of the smaller pieces will be put together to become more of the larger blocks. I am also starting to see how some of the larger blocks could play together.

Many of the narrow strips I am finding, I have been cutting into shorter sections and pairing them with other strips and making four patch units in varying sizes depending on the width of the strips. Carol continues to think I am crazy, but I have a good time and that works in my head.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...