Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Rona 13

Dan here ~

Good Morning, a little warmer weather means that a little melting is going on. The road I walk on is apt to be frozen if I walk real early (seldom happens) or a combination of mud, ice and puddles later in the day. Care is necessary when a vehicle is encountered or unpleasantness can be encountered.

Rona 13 is complete as far as the top is concerned. 

Scrap Quilts

Scrap Quilts


I’m satisfied with the outcome, but doubt I’ll ever use piano keys like this again. It was a rather intense undertaking using all those little strips.

Rona 14 is underway. As I mentioned last time, I am again using orphan blocks. This time the blocks were abandoned more than orphaned as they came from a quilt that our youngest daughter Erin had started at some point in the distant past. I am framing the blocks and came up with an alternate block idea to pair with them using some scraps and some stash. I could not use some of the fabrics that I had chosen and showed you last time, as there was not enough. I have moved to this fabric selection. It’s coming along nicely. I will keep you posted.

Scrap Quilts

The paint project is coming along slowly. I need to raise it’s priority level and get it done. Oh well, I’ll keep puttering on it. 


Carol asked me a question on our walk the other day and got us thinking. It was a wicked deep question for a walk and we are still thinking about it. We thought we would throw it out there and see if any of you folks have any thoughts or input.

The question was.....when will I no longer be making Rona quilts and just be working on the scrap quilt series I started three years ago when I began my “can I use up my stash” series? I am currently working on the 17th quilt top in the series. Number 2, “Order in Chaos” went to quilt shows and was much appreciated by show attendees. 

Scrap Quilts

Scrap Quilts

Number 1 is still not quilted and the rest have been created since isolation began last March. So we are curious, do I stop calling them Rona quilts when all bans, mask requirements etc. are lifted and most people are vaccinated?

OR, am I through with the Rona series when Carol and I have received our second shot (already had the first)? When do the Rona’s end? I guess I really have no idea. I’ll just keep putting them together and figure out something to call them when they are done. For now they are still part of the Rona series hidden inside of the “can I use up my stash” series. Making my head hurt. Weigh in to the question if interested.

So enjoy, remember the time changes this weekend. I will soon be able to go for a walk after supper. Just what I need is more time to walk.

Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I'll rub it out.  

1 comment:

  1. I think ending the Rona series when you and Carol are fully vaccinated is cause for celebration.
    Mud season is upon us. Don't look back, forward March!

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...