Friday, March 12, 2021

Quilting Frenzy

Carol here ~

Lena and I have been on a quilting frenzy! We finished up Rona 11

Scrap Quilts


and then moved on to Rona 14. We quilted Rona 14 with the digitized pattern called ABACUS from Urban Elementz.

Scrap Quilts


This pattern gives great texture across the quilt and stitches out fairly quickly as opposed to PEARLS AND PAISLEY that was stitched on Rona 11.

There is quite a large price difference between the two patterns. ABACUS stitches out at our minimum price of .025 per square inch while PEARLS AND PAISLEY stitches out at .06 per square inch.

Personally, I think the PEARLS AND PAISLEY is well worth the extra cost, but I have always liked dense quilting, as many of you know from seeing my freehand work.

Here is how to estimate the approximate cost of either of these patterns for your quilt:

Measure the length and width of your quilt top.
  • EX ~ 60” (width) x 80” (length) = 4800 square inches
  • Multiply the square inches x price per square inch = cost of quilting.
  • Rona 13 measures 82” x 82” or 6724 square inches
  • 6724 x .025 = $168.10
  • Rona 11 measures 73” x 86” or 6278 square inches
  • 6278 x .06 = $376.68
Click here for more info on our longarm quilting services. We have a pretty quick turn around at this time.

Now for my binding dilemma ~ I have four quilts ready to bind. 

Scrap Quilts


Warmer days are coming. I really enjoy sitting out front under the awning with a quilt in my lap stitching down the binding and watching the goings-on of the pond. Plus, I feel like I’m being productive instead of just sitting there. But…I can’t officially call the quilt done and cross it off the list until the binding is done. We all know there is great satisfaction from crossing something off the to-do list. Hmmm, guess I’m going to have to think on that one.

We had some major meltage happening during yesterday’s warm weather. Both ponds were very water-y as the sun was melting the top layer of ice. It’s amazing how much things change with just a few days of warmer weather. Won’t be long now until we are seeing all water again!!!

Spring
Green Pond

Spring
Mud Pond

Don't forget to "Spring Ahead" this weekend!  Have a good one....

2 comments:

  1. I really like the Abacus pattern. I have seen it on another quilt site and wish I could get it as paper. Have to admit that I haven't checked it out yet but like it every time I see it! I've got 4 quilts waiting and several waiting for me to let them know I'm ready for theirs! It hasn't slowed down at all during covid!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear you have been busy throughout this past year!

      Delete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...