Monday, March 8, 2021

Pearls and Paisley

Carol here ~

Happy Monday!

The days are getting longer and the sun is getting warmer! Even though winter is still hanging on you can definitely feel the difference in the air, especially if the sun is shining. Looks like we are to have some balmy temps coming up this week ~ which means mud walking and puddle jumping will be happening! Well, probably more puddle dodging than jumping for this old girl.

I’m seeing a lot of bare ground on the banking on the side the pond where the sun shines all afternoon.



Lena and I quilted up Dan’s Rona 8, the twin to Rona 9 that we had quilted up last week. 

Scrap Quilts


 I have the binding on both, ready to putter on here and there.

Scrap Quilts

I then decided to load Rona 11. 

Scrap Quilt


Once loaded it was time to decide on a quilting pattern. Hmmmm, what to do? I decided to pick a pattern that Lena had not stitched out before ~ Pearls and Paisley.

Scrap Quilts

I thought is was pretty and I like to have an idea on stitching time for pricing purposes. I knew by looking at it that there was going to be a lot of stitching happening but….OH MY!

Scrap Quilts

It takes two hours for Lena to stitch across one pass on the quilt. 



Yesterday we managed three passes ~ 6 hours! By my calculations we have another three passes to go. Guess where I’ll be today?

Here is a short video of Lena stitching out the pattern.  Even though it takes awhile to stitch out, the quilt is going to be beautiful.


I'll show you the finished quilt next time.

Hope you are able to get outside for some fresh air and sunshine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...