Wednesday, January 20, 2021

The Pond and Rona 10

Dan here ~

A couple nights ago while Carol and I were enjoying our hour or so of data consumption ~ probably what most of you call watching TV ~ we could hear the pond groaning and carrying on as the temperatures got colder. Then we heard a loud noise as we felt the house shake as if in the middle of an earthquake. Yesterday morning when I looked at the edge of the pond I could see where the ice had cracked and lifted. The forces of nature showing off it’s power.



I am plowing away on Rona 10, a good portion of the blocks have been created and soon I will need to begin the assembly phase of quilt making. Lots of pieces have been sewn together already. Luckily, most of the blocks were started from orphan 3” finished blocks.

Quilts


I’ve used them all up so block construction has to start from the beginning. A lot slower process when each 3’ finished block consists of at least 9 pieces and sometimes many more.

Scraps

Scraps


If you follow the blog you have already seen what Rona 10 is destined to look like although you may not have been aware of it. 

It was in the picture on the last of my posts on the left design wall.

I’ll keep plugging along, with the lack of snow to shovel and Carol complaining every time I go out to walk, there ain’t much left to do. See you next time.

Walk
Mud Pond Walking


Carol here ~ I mean really, how many hours a day can a person walk? He says he’s going to get the mail and 1-1/2 hours later he’s still not home….

1 comment:

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...