Tuesday, January 19, 2021

A Little Visitor

Carol here ~

Yesterday we decided we needed a change of scenery for our morning walk so went up to Norway to the Witt Swamp Preserve Trail. We ended up just doing the short loop as it was pretty icy underfoot. 

Walk

Walk


It was nice to get out and about somewhere else for a change!

I snapped this picture of the iconic Gingerbread House as we were coming out of the street opposite it. I always loved this house even when it was in pretty sad shape.



In fact, in 2009 it was slated to be demolished until the Norway Historical Society stepped in to support the relocation and preservation of the building.

I hadn’t been by in quite a while and was overjoyed to see how beautiful she was looking.

We had a visitor yesterday afternoon. My sister, Terri, had her granddaughter Annie Avis for the day. Annie wanted to come over to visit with Aunt Carol and Uncle Dan so over she came.

Uncle Dan was upstairs at the sewing machine so she went up to check out what he was doing. She had a blast sorting through his tubs of fabric and blocks he had made up. At one point she said “I’m making a quilt, how fun is this!” Cracked me up.

Family


She also “helped” Uncle Dan with the pins. She would pull out the pin and look over the pin cushion real carefully to see where it should go, push it most the way in, then reach for another. She thought it was a lot of fun. I think the bins may need a little reorganizing but she had fun playing in them as well. 

Quilting

The rain on Saturday made a mess of the ice on the pond so I don't see any playing out there anytime soon.  Way too rough, so definitely no skating, at least on Green Pond ~ Mud Pond is probably smoother though as I saw skaters out there yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. My husband’s Mother is from Norway. (Dad was from Rangeley). My family used to spend a couple weeks at Camp Kokosing in S Waterford every summer from NJ. Always went to Norway to shop and go to Godwin’s. Interesting note, Dave’s grandfather was actually the plumber we used to chat with as kids when at Kokosing. Small world!

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...