Thursday, January 21, 2021

A Finish

Carol here ~

I finished up my BIRDS ON A WIRE wallhanging. As I mentioned in a previous post, the pattern is by Michelle R Hiatt of Sew On The Go.

Quilt


The quilting is all free motion by me. I quilted curves in the triangles, filled the background with swirls and quilted curly-q’s in the black. 

Quilt


This was the first free motion custom quilting I have done in almost two years. Talk about rusty! I felt all herky-jerky, couldn’t get my rhythm going even after putting the music on of my two favorite quilt along artists ~ Queen and Meatloaf. Sheesh.

Quilt


All in all, I’m happy with how it came out. (don’t look too close) It’s done, it’s hanging ~ time to move on to the next project.

Quilts


Our daughter, Vanessa, is a knitter. For Christmas she knit Dan & I these cowls for us to wear on our walks when it is really cold. We call them our ‘Nessa Necks. 

Knitting
Knit by Vanessa

Knitting
Knit by Vanessa


We love them! They are not too tight (just right for this claustrophobic mom), are super warm and they hide my double chin. 😜

If you are a knitter and would like to whip one of these up, click here for the pattern.

Vanessa always has several projects on her needles ~ just like we have several quilt projects in progress. Must be in the genes…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...