Friday, January 1, 2021

Rona 7

Dan here ~

A couple posts ago I talked about the quilt top I was working on. It’s called Rona 7 (read about it here) The unimaginable had happened and I had run out of the background fabric. 

An order had been placed and the fabric came in the mail on Wednesday. Between then and Thursday afternoon I finished piecing the last border and sewed it on. 

Dan

Carol says that it is too darn big. It is kinda big. When I first designed it I had no intention of adding an 8” border. Good thing the pond is now frozen 'cause it is about the only large enough flat area to lay it out. It ended up being 89” x 110”. I guess it could have gotten a little bigger. 

Scrap

Scrap

I walk a lot. A quilting friend planted the idea of walking 2020 miles during the last year. I got on board late. I didn’t finish too bad though, my total for the year was 1795.2 miles. That is a lot of walking. I averaged 12,809 steps per day, for a total of 4,675,208 steps for the year. 

Dan


While I leave my daily goal at the 5000 steps I set in February after I broke my collarbone, (see sledding debacle of 2020) I have been considering 10,000 or goal times two as my true goal. 

After doing the math for a goal of 2021 miles this year I realize that I need to aim for goal (5000) times 3 or at least 15,000 steps per day. That is about 5.5 miles per day. That sure sounds doable, stay tuned we’ll see how I do.

So I guess 2020 is in the books. The quilts I completed were the 'Rona series of scrap quilts. Seven, counting the top I finished yesterday. 

Maybe if I didn’t design tops with so many little pieces I would get more done. I might try a few tops with large pieces, but seriously, can you see me using 6” squares? I guess I could. Maybe I’ll have to start with 3” squares and work my way up. 

If we have to stay home and isolate through another winter, anything is possible. Construction last year (read about the construction here) meant that my quilting time during 2020 was shortened and did not really start until after the sledding debacle mentioned above or mid March.

We’ll have to see what 2021 brings, hopefully health and happiness will be had by all as we piece together the quilt tops of the New Year.

Full moon
Last full moon of 2020 shining across the beach.


3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. I’m going to take some inspiration from this, and for me... it will be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Quilts and a Recipe

Carol here ~  I've had a couple good out front patio binding sessions this week. I finished up 2024-3 earlier in the week 2024-3 and 202...