Thursday, December 31, 2020

TBT ~ A Year of Quilts

Carol here ~

On this last day of 2020, I thought I would show you all the quilts we (mostly) completed in 2020.  Some of them were already pieced and just needed quilting and some of them (all of Dan's 'Rona Collection) were pieced and quilted this year.  

Here they all are piled on the bench seat in our bedroom

Quilts
2020 Quilts


I think the first one to be finished was RETREAT

Quilt


This pattern was designed by Michelle R Hiatt of Sew On The Go, pieced and quilted by me.  I quilted it with the digitized pattern called OAK LEAVES AND ACORNS.

Quilt


Then came SPARKLE, another pattern by Michelle R Hiatt of Sew on the Go.  This was also pieced and quilted by me.  I used the digitized pattern BECKER'S SHOOTING STARS and stitched it out with a variegated thread.

Quilt

Quilts

Up next is the first of the 'Rona series which Dan talks about in this blog post from last month.  This is the one he made for himself after breaking his collarbone and needing to sleep in the recliner.

Quilt

I quilted this one with the digitized pattern SPRING FLOWERS.

Quilt

This one is from the "to be quilted" pile, I'm not really sure what year it was pieced but it got quilted this year.  The pattern is BANDS OF GLORY and is from Studio 180 Design.  

quilt

Digitized quilting is SPRING FLOWERS

Quilt


Here are 'Rona's 2 & 3.  Dan told of these in a previous blog post.  Click here to read.

quilt
Rona 2

quilt
Rona 3

Rona's 4 & 5 ~ Click here to read about these two beauties.

quilt
Rona 4

quilt
Rona 5


Here are a couple I finished up ~ 

NORTHERN NEIGHBOURS, Pattern by Studio 180 Design.  

quilt

Quilted with digitized pattern FALLING FOR YOU.

quilt

ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS, pattern by Prairie Sky Designs

quilt

Quilted with digitized pattern CUPID

quilt


Another oldie from the "to be quilted" pile.  Dan's design called STARS IN THE WALKWAY

Quilt

Quilted with digitized pattern BECKER'S SHOOTING STARS

Quilts

This is a quilt I made for my newest Great-Nephew.  The pattern is our own design, MEMORY LANE.

Quilt

Quilted with digitized pattern FERN-FEATHER.

Quilt


That brings us up to 'Rona 6 ~ Dan blogged about this one here.

Quilt

We were pretty productive this year, although I guess there wasn't much else to do!

The fabric arrived today that Dan had ordered to finish up 'Rona 7.  Will he be able to get it done by midnight tonight so it can be counted as a 2020 quilt?  Check back tomorrow to see......

Happy New Year!!


2 comments:

  1. you two have been very productive even with construction going on,love seeing what you both do! HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jeanne, Happy New Year to you also!

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...