Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Applesauce

Carol here ~ 

I made the first batch of applesauce with this year's apples the other day.  One container for Annie and Alex, one for Evan and one for us.  I will make quite a few batches in the next few months, some to eat now and some to freeze to eat throughout the year.  We just finished up the last container from last year.


Alex and Annie

Sunday morning was gorgeous, blue skies and not a ripple on the pond.  We decided to head out in the kayaks, enjoying a leisurely paddle around the pond.


We saw a young eagle looking for his breakfast, two green herons and the usual bale of turtles.

Here is one of the green herons hanging with a couple turtles.  Can you see him?  


Here's a close up, see him now?  They really blend in with their surroundings.


I got the binding completed on quilt #10 for 2024.

2024-10

I think I only have a couple more to bind that are quilted, guess it's time for Lena Longarm and me to get to work as Dan is stitching #21 now.  I was caught up to him at one point.

I have a request from daughter Erin to make a tote bag for grand Parker.  Evidently Parker is using her favorite bag and she wants it back! Hoping to get going on that this week.  

It's the last week of August ~ yikes!  Most schools are in session or starting soon, be a safe driver!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...