Thursday evening. Still here because the Nor’easter was a no show around here. Not complaining, just curious, will this be the norm for this winter, scream and holler about the upcoming disaster of a storm coming,,,,, that never shows up? I did not need extra rocks in my pocket, my regular three were enough. Time will tell if we get more than talk this winter. Matters little to me either way, if nothing comes I have nothing to relocate.
That being said the tally for removal of fall detritus from the beach is at two loads. The far end of the beach which I did not keep up with all summer sure is a pain. Sand lapped over the most vile smelling, pollen soaked, half rotted leaves and pine needles. I really question why I bother. The maples are falling fast with the oaks to follow close behind. When we went for a kayak ride today I noticed I could have easily collected another bucket of snails today as well. I chose not to.
I did manage to get a couple nice photos while we worked our way around the pond.
I did manage to get a couple nice photos while we worked our way around the pond.
I say worked our way, because we can always count on the wind starting to blow while we are out there. It usually changes direction as well so it stays in our faces. Time will tell how many more trips around the pond we will make this season. I may be hitting on one of the grands to help hang them on the shed before too long.
The flowers here are looking rather worn out, many will probably be departing before too long. Tomorrow I plan to try soaking some tomato seeds for next year. You got it time will tell.
The road had no issues with the “storm”. I saw nowhere where the rain did something I did not want. I still have some more work to do and to put a layer of finer gravel over the top to smooth it out. One individual on the road suggested I should leave it as it is because it will slow down some of the users who drive way too fast on the little road. Hopefully it lasts a while.
In the studio I finished quilt #47 for 2026. I managed to unsquare it and was pleased with the outcome. The piano key sashing stars told me that I needed the piano key border, so I did. At least it used up some 1-1/2” strips that were lying around. (there are still plenty more)
The weather shows some decent weather in the near future, possible frost Saturday AM but that would just mean I could clean up the rest of summer and get ready for winter. It is a-coming.
Stay safe and enjoy your weekend, till next time. Oh, by the way, I killed a mosquito today and the lady bugs are beginning to walk around on the windows. Winter must be coming.
Stay safe and enjoy your weekend, till next time. Oh, by the way, I killed a mosquito today and the lady bugs are beginning to walk around on the windows. Winter must be coming.

No comments:
Post a Comment