Thursday, June 6, 2024

Pine Needles, Pollen & Alligators

Carol here ~

Haha, of course not really alligators but it's what we call the logs, tree branches and pieces of wood that end up floating in the pond.


As you can tell, it doesn't take much to entertain us.

The pine needles are really thick this year.  All the pine trees around the pond look brown because they have so many pine needles ready to fall.  When the wind starts blowing they start flying!

Dan was blowing them off the driveway yesterday.


He likes to keep the driveway clear so that when we get a heavy downpour the pine needles won't clog up the drainage ditches and cause the driveway to wash out.


This is what it looked like out front yesterday morning ~ pine needles and pollen!


The beach continues to grow.


Going to need to get the rake out soon!

TA-DA! I finished the binding on 2023's quilt #45, I am done with all the 2023 quilts.  Whew!  Now on to 2024 quilts, I am working on the binding for #1 now.

We gifted 2023-7 to a neighbor up the pond who is going through cancer treatments.


Hoping the quilt gives her comfort and warmth.

This is my favorite flower that Dan has planted this year.  It is a Gloriosa Daisy, I love it!


Yesterday was granddaughter Kailey's 17th birthday, we are headed to Readfield tomorrow to celebrate.

Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...