Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, 

Thursday pm from the studio, too windy for a fire. 

What a day today was. Here is tonight’s sunset. 



It only got better later.



Sunny and hot most of the day until late afternoon then the breeze came up and cooled down rapidly. Well, actually the breeze came up while we were out in the kayaks. This is what usually happens, we set out in calm seas and by the time we are at the other end of the pond the wind has started to freshen and always seems to be blowing in our faces, seldom at our backs. We did see a great many turtles during our ride. In the water, on the banks and on various logs.

The dragon flies hatches have lead to a great abundance of them flying all around as well. This guy or one like it would keep showing up to rest on one of my legs or the other.  



We went to Rangeley on Saturday and visited with Erin and the boys. Here is the obligatory Height of Land photo. 



I’m quite sure I have hundreds of them. 

We primarily went to drop in on Michelle Renee Hiatt’s Quilt Camp, a spring and fall tradition we had originated when we had our shop and she has carried the tradition forward. They all appeared to be having a grand time with most in the group showing a great deal accomplished. 



We have a beach. Not a real big one but the kayaks fit on the sand and are leaned up against the wall.




The water has gone down a lot in the last couple weeks. Let’s hope it continues to recede. Lots of rainy days in the long range forecast so I hope we don’t start loosing again.

The flowers and veggies that I planted in the new planters have taken off and are growing quite well. Let’s hope they continue to grow and don’t get blown over as they get taller. 




In the studio, quilt #14 is progressing nicely. Same basic idea as the last two tops, a variation of a postage stamp type quilt. Again squares and blocks are centered around 2-1/2” finished four patch units. I still need a great many more of the four patch units. They are slowly getting rid of the 2” strips drawers, there are two of them. The idea when I started on this venture (this is top #3) was to be able to only have one drawer full. Then I could use the other for blocks for tops in progress. I'm just wondering how many of these type of tops I will need to make in order to accomplish my goal of gaining a drawer. Space is valuable in our studio. Gaining a drawer could almost be considered cause for celebration. 

I’ll stop rambling now and go back to making four patches. You take care and enjoy your week. I’ll try to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...