Friday, April 12, 2024

This and That

Carol here ~ 

We were suppose to go to Readfield last Sunday to go to lunch with Vanessa, Lucas and the kids as it was Vanessa's birthday.  We were still without power so Dan didn't want to leave with the generator running.  I ended up going over by myself as I had a couple of things for Vanessa.  We decided we would meet up sometime next week for lunch as it is Dan's birthday next Wednesday and the kids are on school vacation.

I got home mid-afternoon to POWER! And quiet! I'm very thankful we have the generator but it is so noisy!

I had an appointment in Falmouth on Tuesday and since I was only twelve miles from Freeport I decided to go to LL Bean. I was looking for a new lightweight fleece jacket.  The one I have came from Bean's, I'm guessing about twenty years ago. It has a couple of holes in it where sparks from the outside fire landed on it but other than that it's in good shape. I decided I definitely got my money's worth and I could splurge on a new one, which I did.

I don't know where I left off with my quilting updates but I am binding on 2023-40 and I just finished up the quilting on 2024-6 using the digitized pattern FIELD OF DREAMS.


2024-6


Oh my goodness, Old County Road is horrendous.  Just a heads up if you are planning a visit, make sure you don't have to pee and wear a sports bra. HA! Top speed is about 5 mph as you try to dodge holes and downed trees. We haven't had mail delivery in over a week as they refuse to come down. Crazy!

I sure am hoping today's heavy rain is the last of it, enough is enough! I think it's going to be a long time before we see any beach out front as the water is now up to the second step on the steps going down to what should be the beach.

Have a good weekend, stay dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...