Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Monday evening in the studio. A nice sunset even without any fiery color. 



I talked last time about the mess and the trees everywhere. Whenever it has not been raining I have been out there reducing the size of the debris so I could burn it and get rid of it. No small feat as there is so much everywhere. I have made great strides in the clean up effort but am not holding my breath that it will be done anytime soon. 

I haven’t filled any more sand bags yet, as I’m still hoping they will not be needed. The water is approaching from the neighbors and quite possibly that is the direction that problems may arise. 




 The bags can be moved and more filled. Fingers crossed it all is unnecessary effort on my part.

In the studio I have been continuing to use up some 1-1/2 squares and 1-1/2” strips making 
1-1/2” finished four patch units. #10 for 2024 uses many more of those pesky 4-1/2” finished blocks. I used mostly 36 patch blocks this time, each block made up of nine of my 1-1/2” four patches. 

I used a 1-1/2” sashing and Corner Pop II to get the smaller stars in the center of the larger block. I had to add extra lines to the tool as the lines I needed are not on the tool, I guess the tool designer didn’t see the need to pop at 1-1/2, well I did! 

After the larger 16-1/2” finished block was created I sashed with 1-1/2” finished sashing again, only this time I used my Corner Pop III, popping at 4-1/2. This gave me the wonky yellow stars. 



I am pleased with the result, now the problem of coming up with another design for #11.

I think the weather is supposed to be pretty good so more wood processing and cleanup should be in my future. If we can stop getting rain maybe the water rising will abate a little.

Until next time stay safe. Remember we are forced to get older, no-one says we have to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...