Friday, April 19, 2024

Almost..

Carol here ~

I am almost caught up with the quilting on Dan's quilts.  He finished piecing 2024-10 earlier this week and I have 2024-9 on Lena Longarm, almost finished with the quilting.


I chose the pattern NEEDLEWORK, which is really pretty but takes an hour and twenty minutes for Lena to make a pass.


Will finish it up this weekend and then load 2024-10, hopefully finishing before Dan completes #11!

I am turning the binding on 2023-40, I only have a couple more that the binding is stitched on waiting for the hand work.  After that I need to get busy, make the bindings for the rest of the pile and stitch them on the front of the quilts so I will have them ready for summer patio binding.

We are meeting daughter's Vanessa, Erin and probably some grands for a late lunch this afternoon.  Vanessa's birthday was the 7th and Dan's was Wednesday so a low key birthday get together.  

Hasn't the sunshine this week been marvelous? 'Bout time.  

The town finally graded our road so I can walk again without fear of falling in a hole and breaking a leg. 

Lots of chainsaws buzzing around the ponds as cleanup from the storm continues, think we will be hearing them for a while as there are still trees down everywhere.  

Hope you can get out and enjoy the sun before the black flies arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...