Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Monday evening in the studio. I think fire season is over unless they happen earlier in the day. Too cold in the evenings. This is one old man that hates to be cold so I guess I’ll play inside. It usually nice and toasty in the studio.

Not a lot has been happening around here. Sunday night’s sunset was spectacular.



Tonight’s not so much, so I did not bother with a picture.


We went to Rangeley on Saturday to visit our daughter and to go to the Rangeley Inn to pester the Fall Quilt Camp that was in progress. Michelle Hiatt is still carrying on our Quilt Camps and strangely enough, a great many of the same campers we entertained for years are still returning. Someone’s doing something right. 


 
Majestic Glimmer
Pattern by Michelle Hiatt


I naturally had to stop for the mandatory Height of Land picture.


I think I have the beach under control, there are still quite a few brown leaves hanging on still to fall as I look around the edge of the pond. I don’t mind a wheelbarrow or two every day or so but I hauled 20 loads in one day last week. So far I think the total is in the mid thirties of tractor buckets I’ve hauled off the beach. Hopefully, the end is in sight. 

It has provided me with some exercise and something to bitch about. We all know an old codger like me likes to bitch about something. When the leaves are gone there will be little left to complain about except the cold and hopefully not, snow. I never look forward to winter but tolerate it while it is here. Don’t tell Carol but studio time equals more damn quilts being made.

Speaking of quilts, Quilt #36 for 2023 is done and ready for Lena. I will begin layout and get started putting #37 together this evening . On #36 I went back to grouping four blocks split with sashing and corner stone to get a larger block. Then assembly required another sashing between the larger blocks along with something popped and added to get some interest away from the blocks. 

The process has been working well, I’ll continue until I get bored trying to find a way to make it a little different each time. Colors are different at least. I figure the same individual will probably not get two anyway. So being different is only my attempt to try to keep them not all the same. 



#37 will be along the same style as #36. I will be glad when January 1 gets here then I get to start at #1 again. These high numbers confuse me. I wonder if I’ll get to #50 before then.

Stay safe and try to stay warm. I’ll try as well. As Thanksgiving gets closer I’m thankful for my heated jacket, it helps keep the bitching down. 

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Don’t forget to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...