Friday, November 10, 2023

This and That

Carol here ~ 

Tuesday and Wednesday's wind brought a LOT of leaves to the beach.  The oak trees are slowly letting go.  Dan has been out raking them off the beach and out of the pond about every day, trying to keep up.

 

Wednesday


Thursday

This has been a week of appointments for me.  One of them was my yearly dermatology appointment.  I am very faithful about going to this one every year.  As kids, my sisters and I grew up here at the pond and we spent every minute we could either in the water or on the water.  Back then there was no sunblock or any type of protection from the sun.

Over the years I have had a couple of pre-cancerous spots that have been taken care of way before they became a problem.  I had another such spot this time on my nose.  It didn't look anything like these ~


It was just a rough, scaly spot on the bridge of my nose.  

So, pay attention to your skin and any changes ~ get checked out if you notice anything different.

I got the binding done on quilt #25 for 2023 (didn't get a pic) and got started on one of the two Christmas stockings I am making.


I have made seven in the past for all our great-nieces and nephews.  You can see them all here.  

Sometime last summer my niece Kelsi asked me if I could make stockings for her and hubby Luke as theirs looked kinda shabby next to the one's I made for their two kids, Annie and Alex.

I said sure and it's good you are giving me plenty of time because I am kinda slow stitching these days.  Well, guess what?  Here it is November and I'm just getting started.  

This stocking pattern is designed by friend Katrina Thomas of The Hope Chest.

I am ending this week of appointments with a massage appointment this afternoon.  Can't wait.

Have a great weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...