Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Signs of Summer

Carol here ~ 

It's finally summer!  Not much happening here, we haven't been doing too much other than enjoying this summer weather.

The plants are loving the sunshine and we have started getting cukes and tomatoes.








I finished up the bindings on all the quilts I had ready, now Lena and I need to quilt some more.  Don't think that will happen for a while unless we get more rainy weather.  If not, I am going to wait until fall.  I have been giving all the finished ones the bathtub bath though, not a chore I like.

I have been getting my walks done early before it gets too hot then doing a lot of this...


Love the clouds!

Tomorrow is the opening of Maine Quilts 2023.


We are thinking of going on Friday, anyone else?

Hope you are all stayed safe in the storm that rolled in last evening.  We got a lot of lightening and thunder but it was mostly east of us.  We were sitting outside watching it until we saw lightening with very loud thunder following right on it's tail.  A little too close for comfort, time to go in.

How can it be almost August?  Don't like.  Oh well, nothing I can do about it.  

Enjoy this last week of July.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...