Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Tuesday evening. It snowed hard today. All. Day. Long. At least it was light powdery snow. If the wind comes up I will get some assistance in the relocation of the dang stuff. The wind probably won’t put it where I want it, but it usually does a decent job of removing it from the roof of the house. I relocated about 6 inches this afternoon. I have to remove it from the Shelter Logic, our frame shed with the rip-stop cover. Much like the greenhouse of my past life, they will take a lot but, only so much. Much easier removing the snow and cleaning out beside it, then seeing it collapse like you see a lot of them as you drive through the countryside. They are handy. That’s where my tricycle is. On the new shed roof the snow usually slides off pretty good. At least so far.

#14 for 2023 is complete. 

2023-14
 

If I were naming these quilts, I might use “Oops, I forgot the sashing strips” for this one. Tried something different this time. I used all 16-patch blocks, like I have been, except I popped some corners with the Corner Pop, which you may remember is a 1:1 ratio. I popped at 3-1/2”, the make up triangle needed to repair the pop is 4-3/4”. 

I instantly said to myself “charm squares”, I knew it was me because I recognized my voice. So off to the charm square bins I went. Only three of them. They may be attacked after the 
3-1/2” bins. The 3-1/2” bins have been reduced considerably. There are no longer three of them. They have been reduced to two and I will easily get them into one bin when I take care of the bins. I guess that is a degree of success. The charm squares bins revealed this fabric. 



I used this as my replacement triangle and set to work completing the top.

#15 is almost done, same idea as I used in #14. Only this time, I used more colors for the bow tie effect and got a little bit funky around the center block. You don’t get to see it until I talk to you again when it is done.

I have ideas ready for #16. Ideas are not always good, some don’t quite produce the results that I thought I would get. Most work fine. At least I am trying. I know the upcoming idea will work because I’ve used the concept before.

Enjoy the rest of your week. The weather looks rather unsettled where we live. Stay safe and don’t overdo if you have to shovel. I hope I follow my own advice. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I like the blue effect! I also wish I had at least 1/2 or your energy!! I sure would reduce the fabric in the sewing room!! Happy day to you and Carol.

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...