Friday, February 24, 2023

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Thursday evening. Waiting on the second batch of snow we are supposed to be getting. I managed to get most of the 6 or so inches we received during the first event cleaned up and relocated. Now I wait to see if the second event amounts to anything. If it does I guess I’ll relocate it to where I want it and prepare for the next time.

#13 for 2023’s top is complete, it is for son-in-law Lucas. This top amounted to a little more than two of the previous tops. 



It’s done, 72” x 110” I hope it is acceptable. I’m sure Carol will be loading it on Lena when she feels up to it. Same basic concept as the last one, only this one used 3 colors for the pinwheels and two for the sashing stars. I again went with the square-in-square for the cornerstone centers, I like this look about the best.

She finished the binding on #7 for 2023 on Wednesday. 


 
7 out of 12 tops are all bound. I’d better hurry up with #14. It is well on the way, I’m going with different approach this time. No sashing strips, just blocks. We’ll see how well I pull that off. So far it has been my sashing strips that have carried the tops. It will be different at the very least.

Well, not much happening here, just wanted to say hi and bring you up to speed.

Until next time stay safe and enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...