Monday, February 20, 2023

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Sunday evening. It was a pleasant weekend, it was nice to get out today and wander around on Mud pond with the grand niece and nephew. Crisp but not too bad. The birds have been busy at the feeders. Supposed to be some snow coming later in the week, Time will tell.

I went through the drawers after rambling at you last time and found two star fabrics and the sashing strip fabric I needed in there for 2023-12. So nothing had to come off the bolt except the back.

2023-12

Carol finished quilting it today, it’s already to be removed from Lena, be trimmed and added to the “to be bound” pile. 

2023-12


Carol finished the binding on #6 today as Lena was doing her thing. 

2023-6


I folded it up and added it to the ready “to be washed” pile.

#13 is going to be slightly different size than those I have been creating. I found out my Son-in-law, Lucas, was in need of a new quilt. I was given the dimensions and saw I could easily alter what I have been making and adjust it to the 72” x 108” that was requested. It will be the same 16-Patch altered with a pinwheel in the center block. Just like the last several, only wider and longer. It’s amazing how the numbers of units needed increases as rows and columns are added to the layout. The 24 blocks per quilt quickly changed to 54 blocks, with 40 cornerstone stars. 40 stars translates to 160 sashing strip pops and 40 square-in-square units for their centers. That has been, and will take a few more minutes to complete.

The pieces are stacking up. 



It won’t be long before I can begin a layout and see what it looks like in real life. So far all I have is an approximation I drew on the computer. The colors are not close to what is real so it’s wait and see. 

I used to scan in the actual fabrics I wanted to use to get a better computer drawing. That is too much work when working with so many scrappy pieces. I’ll keep plugging away, you’ll see it when it’s done.

Enjoy your week, I’ll try. I’m sure one of us will talk at you another day. Until then stay safe and watch out for the other guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...