Wednesday, December 7, 2022

This and That

Carol here ~ 

I need a couple of small gifts so have been working on some Lemoyne Star hot mats/pot holders.


On Sunday I got four of them ready to bind.


I had an appointment Monday morning for service on my car so took them with me to work on while I was sitting there.  Got two done, finished up the other two when I got home.


Now, I will move on, making four more in a different colorway.

Yesterday, I had a hair appointment in the am then needed to stop at Hannaford's to pick up a few things.  I think I'm allergic to shopping.  Seriously.  Whenever I'm in places like Hannaford's or Walmart I get dizzy, weak and shake-y.  Vanessa thinks it's the lighting. Maybe? Yeah, I know we could do curb side but we're extremely fussy about our produce and meats.  I try to go first thing in the morning so I can get in and get out fast.

Terry Atkinson of Atkinson Designs is one of my favorite quilt pattern designers.  Her instructions are the best!  On Monday she began posting 12 Days of Table Runners on her Facebook page ~ a different holiday-themed table runner each day.

Day 1 she posted the table runner HATS OFF.  Isn't it the cutest?



Patterns may be purchased from her webpage here.

Mud Pond was mostly iced over on Monday morn but after yesterdays warm temps and today's rain don't think there will be any ice left.


Sure doesn't seem like December at all, although it has been good walking weather.  Dan still not up to walks so I have been going by myself, taking advantage of the lack of snow to continue with the around the pond loop.  

This is on the Ridge, Winter Brook on left, Mud Pond on right.


Mike the carpenter and his helper were back yesterday continuing their work on our storage shed.  Roof is on and door is in.  They will be back tomorrow to start on the siding.




Making a quick trip to Portland this morning for Erin to pick up a Christmas present for Parker.  That is the last of the errands for this week.  Hopefully.  

Have a great Wednesday, stay dry!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...