Friday, December 2, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

December 1. The last month of 2022. 

I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving. Carol went to Vanessa’s home and celebrated with the family. Alas, I stayed home. As I briefly mentioned last time I had issues and was not up to traveling that far. Truth be told I’m still not. I had surgery on the 21st and was not willing to go. I endured hemorrhoid surgery, not something I would wish on my worst enemy. 

Ten days later I am still in a great deal of pain and pity Carol having to put up with me. She commented that it is good thing we take turns and are not under the weather at the same time. I’m afraid I would not be much help to her. They said that it will end but I don’t even see a flicker of a light at the end of the tunnel. If there is a light in the tunnel I hope it is a fast moving train headed to put me out of my misery. Enough of my plight.

One of the more difficult aspects of the recovery is that there has been no sewing for almost all of that time. I did manage the last couple of days to get some time in on the quilt I am assembling for Michelle Rene Hiatt. A couple hours at a time is about all I can handle. I don’t remember the last time I went over a week with no sewing. I didn’t forget how, but I’m sure I am even slower than normal. The quilt only contains two different blocks. Four of one and nine of the other. I should still be on schedule for completion in the agreed upon time frame. As you know, time will tell.

Most of my time has been spent listening to audio books. I have been binging on Marie Bostwick’s books and have found them entertaining and they have helped take my mind off other things. 

We have also been entertained with the eagles flying around and watching the various birds in the feeder. The Cardinal has been around often and there have been many Mourning Doves feeding on the ground. I counted ten of them this afternoon. 




The Chick-a-dees, Finches, Nuthatches, Crested Titmice and a great variety of Woodpeckers feed most of the day enjoying the new feeder. Great fun to watch.

I hope you enjoy your weekend, I’ll try but it probably won’t happen. I trust it will all be better in the end, it ain’t better yet so it must not be the end. ‘Till next time. Be safe.

2 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your ramblings, Dan, even when they're full of grumblings. Love the humorous aside: "...it will all be better in the end."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan I can sympathize with you because I had that surgery almost 50 years ago. I am sure the process is easier now than it was then. It gets easier as the days go on and you will be happy in the end it was done. Thinking of you as you go through the process. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...