Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Tuesday evening. I think that winter has arrived and I’d better be up to shoveling strength because it may well be in my near future. 
 
I loaded up the truck today because we figured I was capable of getting to the dump and back. I climbed into the truck, inserted the key and upon turning the key, nothing. I mean nothing. I guess the poor thing didn’t like being ignored since back on November 20 when I stopped using it to have my surgery. Now to have a pain in the butt because my truck won’t start. AAA came and got me running and I left it running a while then took off to do errands. I got 3 to 4 miles from home and all sorts of alarms started going off, I pulled over and truck died. Did not restart. AAA again came, I went back home left truck running about an hour. Shut off, tried restart, total dead, nothing. Don’t know what next step is. It’s loaded for the dump, maybe I’ll just leave it there, got to get it running first. Once running I’ll probably change my mind about leaving it there.

I finished the commission quilt I was working on and also completed Mine. 



The back is complete as well, I like how it came out. 



Carol has it loaded on Lena.




Now I need to find the quilting pattern I want her to use. So many to choose from. I may play some more with the doodle concept on a smaller scale and more completely rounded. We’ll see. 

I have moved back to matching 2” squares and making 4 patch units that may grow to 16 or 32 patch blocks. Every two squares I sew together means there are two less 2” squares in the bin. It works for me as I think about what will be next.

My walking is complete. As I told you last time I reached my 2022 goal for the year. What I found out Friday night when I did my totals for the week was that on Tuesday I missed my 5000 minimum goal by 7 steps. I had reached a streak of 1117 days of at least 5000 steps. Tuesday ended the streak, and ended my desire to continue walking all the damn time. The watch has been removed, I feel almost naked without it but choose to not be controlled by it either. I will still go for walks but not going to spend 2-3 hours a day doing it. Like I said before, I hope I find something else to do.

I have cookie making in my future for our family Christmas get together. That may be changing as Erin is under the weather. It is always something, either that or it’s something else. 

Enjoy the rest of your week. I have to figure out what to do with the dang truck.

1 comment:

  1. I do believe this is one of my favorite quilts that you have completed. There are others but this one "sings" !!Happy Christmas to you both and to the family! sue

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...