Friday, December 16, 2022

Carol here ~

Lena and I started the quilting on Dan's quilt he is calling MINE.  I am using the digitized pattern Whimsy Daisy Frog.  



I started the quilting on it yesterday but didn't get too far along as I am moving pretty slow.  

I decided to go for a walk as Dan was headed in town for a dentist appointment.  The fresh air felt great and I was be-bopping along thinking this would be the last day I could walk around the pond before the snow storm.  My shoe came untied so I bent over to tie it and as I reached for the laces I felt lots of pain along my right side.  ugh.  Think I popped a lower rib.  Turned around and headed back home.  It's always something.

I finished up more pot holders/hot mats.  I used some of the fabric left over from Grandson Evan's graduation quilt.  


We have a new family member, Isabel Ruth, born to niece Katelyn and hubby Mike.  I have made Christmas stockings for all the great nieces and nephews using the pattern HERE COMES SANTA by our friend Katrina of Hope Chest Quilting.


Here are the others I have made, seven total.





We were suppose to be celebrating Christmas with our family on Sunday but daughter Erin is sick so we are going to Plan B, just haven't decided what that is yet.  Vanessa thinks we should wait to get together after Christmas as the kids will have been out of school long enough to hopefully not be spreading sick germs.  We'll see... 

Sounds like a couple of snow days/sew days coming up.  Guess we'll see how Dan's new tractor/snowblower works.

Stay safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...