Monday, November 28, 2022

Monday Memories

Carol here ~ 

This quilt popped up on my Facebook memories the other day.  It is called BE DAZZLED, the pattern is by Michelle Hiatt of Sew On The Go.


You can find the pattern here.

I was quilting this for Michelle around this time back in 2018.  It was pure joy to quilt!  Michelle said to do whatever I wanted for the quilting.  Music to my ears!

The quilting was all free motion with the use of rulers to help me get the straight and circular lines.  I knew Michelle liked those circular fills so made sure to add those.  And, my favorite, feathers!  Love, love feathers! They look so elegant.

Here is another picture of it completed but hadn't taken it off the machine yet.  You can see a bit of the border here.


This quilt had a lot of open space, the quilting makes it come alive.

Here is a picture of the full quilt hanging at the Vermont Quilt Festival.





I finished up the binding on the green Hunter Star Quilt.  Another one done.


I think this one is bigger than what the Dempsey Center likes to have on hand for their cancer patients so not sure what's going to happen to it.  Another one for the pile, I guess.

Spring and Fall we have a flock of Maganza ducks that stop by for a few weeks.


The other day there were five eagles swooping around harassing them.  



I didn't think eagles hunted duck but I guess they do as one of the eagles caught one.

It was too heavy for him to get airborne with it so he swam to shore.  He got it up on the banking and another eagle swooped in to check it out.  The first eagle let go of the duck who was obviously still very much alive as he got away.  Then both those eagles were trying to get the duck again but were not successful.  That's what I call a lucky duck!

Enjoy these last few days of November, can't believe it's almost December!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...