Monday, November 21, 2022

First Pie

Carol here ~ 

Yesterday we went up to Rangeley to see the show "Big Fish" presented by the RLRS Middle and High School Drama Club.


It was A-Mazing! So much talent and hard work from all that were involved.  We weren't planning on going but decided to at the last minute.  So glad we did!

Here is grandson Parker as the juggling clown.


It's Thanksgiving week, does your family have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?

Ours is called "First Pie".

When we lived in Rangeley we always hosted Thanksgiving.  My parents and sister and family would arrive sometime mid-morning.  I always had the coffee and muffins ready. 

One year, after examining the pies lined up on the counter, my Dad said we should be tasting those pies with our coffee instead of having the muffins.  So, that's what we did.  From then on we always had pie and coffee when they arrived, thus the name "First Pie".  It tasted way better then than after a full turkey dinner. 

I have been puttering on the Christmas project I want to get done.  I guess I haven't been puttering that much though because when I looked at my past notes I had jotted down on the pattern it says it took me three hours to piece.  No way I can sit at my sewing machine for that long at one time but it seems like I am way slower at stitching than I used to be!  Oh well, I'll get it done eventually.


It's the coldest morning we've had so far, temp at 16 degrees.  The pond is pretty calm.


Fingers crossed it stays calm and we get some safe ice this year.

Hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving with friends and family.  And, don't forget to eat pie first!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...