Friday, November 18, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Thursday evening, from the studio. 

No more fires, so longer quilting times. I completed the project I was working on, the top is done. The only name so far is Mine. Some people know that is what I often write on my sewing things. Scissors, rulers etc. I write Mine on them. Seems weird, I suppose. But think again who does it. Enough said. 

I will live with the corner stones, although not in love with them. Complete and time to move to the next one. 




The next is another quilt for Michelle Rene Hiatt forcing me to follow directions. We all know I don’t do that well but, time will tell.

Our weather changed enough that we had snow. Nothing plowable, but snow just the same. Thankfully, most of it is gone now. It was a strong reminder that it is past time to get everything picked up and stowed for the winter. I mounted the snowblower on the tractor on Wednesday, not a process I’d want to do too many times in a season. 


Doable though. With luck I won’t need to change back until spring. You got it, time will tell.

Beach raking is hopefully over for the season. When we tried to finish up a couple of days ago we managed to clean up most everything but some of the beach never gets enough sun to thaw out. With nighttime temps in the low 20’s wet ground freezes at night. It won’t be too long until I awake to the pond sealed over. Then I will hibernate into the studio and await spring venturing out to walk and get food to keep us around until spring’s arrival. Unlike the bear, there is a very finite amount of fat on this old codger’s bones. Hopefully, I’ll fatten up a little by spring. You got it, time will tell.

I ended up emptying one storage unit into the new shed. I did it by myself. But I’m used to getting what needs to be done when it needs to be. It’s filling up fast and I can’t wait until the carpenter shows to finish tightening it up tighter. No idea when that will be, but due to circumstances I won’t go into, I need it done ASAP. 

Thanksgiving is next week, I really don’t know how that happened but this year is rapidly disappearing. If possible, enjoy family and friends while you can. The years go by quickly, only the days are long. Be safe.

2 comments:

  1. The quilt is stunning! And impressive :) Can't wait to see what is next! Happy Thanksgiving you two and your family as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still thinking about this quilt and come back to look at it! It reminds me of the floor mosaics in some of the cathedrals in Europe. Also some of the old buildings we sang in with our community choir, over the years

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...