Monday, July 18, 2022

This and That

Carol here ~

I have been getting the Rona Quilts washed for the Maine Quilt Show next week.  I think I only have three left to wash.


Most of them have gotten the bathtub wash with Dawn dish detergent.  I have had several "bleeders", not surprising with as many different fabrics as there are in the quilts.  I use a washing method by Vicki Welsh, you can find that info here.  

I will be very happy when they are all washed and the quilting loft can be put back together.  Everything is moved all around up there to have enough room to lay the quilts out flat to dry.

The SunPatiens have finally started blooming like crazy.  We we wondering about them for a while, they were filling out the boxes with leaves but not much for blossoms.


Dan has been pulling weeds from the pond in the swimming area.  He's been out there a couple of times.  Yesterday he was out there, I was sitting on the patio.  He hollers to me asking if I could look up something on my Ipad for him.  I asked what, he says can you look up when hell freezes over and then dove in the pond, heading for the swim float. HAHA.

He hardly ever swims, so he must of been pretty hot.


Looks like a wicked good week of summer weather.  If you are on vacation, you picked a good one! 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...