Wednesday, June 1, 2022

This and That

Carol here ~

We've had a couple people ask if tickets are still available for the Maine Quilts Raffle Quilt.  Yes, they are.  You can refer to our previous post here to see how to purchase the tickets OR you can always get them at the show if you plan to attend.




On Saturday I loaded one of the donation quilts onto Lena Longarm but didn't get any quilting done as it was thundering, didn't want to get in the middle of it and lose power.  So, Sunday morning Lena and I got an early start and we got all the quilting done before noon.


I had the binding all ready so sewed that on then spent the afternoon binding while sitting out front on the patio.

Lots of activity around the pond ~ swimmers (brrr), kayakers, paddleboarders.

Dan and I got our swim float out.  We hadn't gotten it out yet because I wanted to wash it,  had tried a couple of times but my back wasn't cooperating. Dan didn't think his shoulders would appreciate lifting the cement blocks up so the float could be moved.  

Dan ended up giving it a quick wash then he separated the two cement blocks that serve as anchors so he could lift them one at a time onto the float to move it out where we wanted it.




Granddaughter Kailey needed ideas for a few more pieces for art class. Vanessa told her she wanted something that had all those spring-y flower colors in it and maybe watercolor so it was kind of blobby.  This is the result.  A-mazing!

by Kailey

This kid is not quite fifteen years old!  (her birthday is this coming Monday)  So talented!

I managed to stay up for the sunset last night, it was a beauty.


Happy June!

2 comments:

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...