Monday, May 30, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Hopefully you are having a safe Memorial weekend. The pond was lovely Sunday evening. 



The weather has been great albeit a bit windy at times. I guess not windy enough to keep the black flies away from me. My neck is a mass of bites and itch something awful whenever I think about it. It seems that there are bugs and insects everywhere. Inside and out, more out for sure.


We went for a kayak ride on Sunday, an activity that always causes the wind to blow and to blow in ever changing directions. Always in our faces. Keeps the black flies at bay, but they usually don’t bother out on the pond. Managed to rescue Bob Wilson while out on our ride. If you don’t know about Bob you can read about him here. He was hung up in the bushes on the side of the pond. I brought him home and dried him off and wrote a note on him. 



It says “Hi I’m Bob Wilson, if caught up throw me back in the pond so I can Bob.” I’ll keep you posted how he fares.

Have watched a pair of osprey flying around the pond along with the hawks and the eagles lately. I enjoy watching large birds of prey floating on the wind currents, effortlessly gliding to where they want to go. Reminds me how much I enjoyed flying.

I managed to get some of the planting done. I need to pick up more soil for a few plant pots and the flowers to put in them then I guess I’m done. Carol is already praying that some of the cucumbers that were planted die. We’ll see, might have to make some pickles.

I had a few days before I start a new project for a friend, so Saturday evening I laid out the next Dempsey donation quilt. This time I used left over and thrown together 9” finished blocks for the layout. A 5x9 block setting, when bordered, will get me the size needed. 



Seeing lots of lady slippers on our walks now, but alas, soon they will be gone until next year. 



Enjoy the start of your week, stay safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...