Monday, May 23, 2022

The Weekend

Carol here ~

What a gorgeous weekend!  There was just enough of a breeze to keep those wee pesky bugs away.

My feet were in desperate need of some TLC so Saturday morning I went to get a pedicure.  When I got home we got our walk in then I spent most of the afternoon sitting on the front patio reading and working on a binding.  

There were a bunch next door with lots of young kids, they were having a ball in the water and on the beach.  BRRR, I think the water is still pretty cold but they didn't mind at all.  I suppose we were the same way at that age....don't think I can remember back that far!


I was making bread yesterday morning so Dan went on first walk without me.  By the time I finished up and got out to walk the sun had poked through the fog, it was hot!  Got a kayak ride in also, lots of people around the pond.


Luckily, we avoided any of the storms, hope all of you stayed safe.  We were seeing lightning Saturday night and hearing thunder yesterday but it seemed to be north of us.

Niece Kelsi and family were out yesterday.  Little Alex had enough fun and fell asleep on Mumma.  He's so sweet.


Our lilacs are in blossom.  Love the smell of them!  This little lilac bush came from my parents home in Auburn ME.  It hasn't grown too much over the years but it does blossom.


Dan picked a few and put them in a vase on the kitchen island, first thing I smelled when I opened the bedroom door this morn. 

Have seen a few dragonflies but don't think there has been the big hatch yet.  This guy was on one of the patio chairs, he wasn't quite with it yet.  Probably soaking up some sun to function.


I just read that dragonflies consume prey that is 60 percent of their own weight.  That's a lot of black flies!

Not much happening this week, more of the same I guess.  Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...