Friday, May 20, 2022

Dan's Ramblings ~ Spring Flowers

Dan here ~

Trying to survive the weather roller coaster of a spring we are having this year. First a couple of uncharacteristically warm days, then much cooler windy days with warmer weather in the future. Spring in Maine.

Carol talked to you last time about her love of the greens of spring. Anyone that knows me at all, knows that I am a flower child, and spring begins the season of color. I found these little purple ones the other day I believe they are called Gaywings. 



I found this little guy by one of the woodpiles. It’s color is in it’s stocks, it’s a deep red. It is Rhubarb, a seed must have escaped from a couple plants Carol’s father had planted by the shed. Plant is about 5 inches tall. 



I don’t really see a pie there though.

Another common bloom on my walks are these little star flowers. Ironically called Star 
Flowers. 



There are a great abundance of these wild Sarsaparilla plants all along the dirt roads and woods paths I walk on. 



Another quite common plant are these Wild Blueberries. 



You can’t have just Blueberries, Wild Strawberries are everywhere as well.



The Canadian Columbine are starting to arrive along the driveway down to the house. 



I saw several clumps of these Bluets as I grew up calling them. I found out another name is Quaker ladies. Pretty and seen in a lot of lawns this time of year. 



And last but not the least… the Lady Slipper. I spotted one a couple days ago, just up with no color yet. 



And I saw one that appears to be headed for yellow or white, not as common. 



I can’t wait until they are out in full force.

That ends my spring flower finds for now. I’m sure that I’ll see more.

The Hunter Star Dempsey donation quilt I was working on is complete. At least my end of the project. 



Most of the blocks were “in progress” blocks from sometime long ago, neither of us has a clue from when or where. Well, they are used up, and they are gone. Time to move on to the next one. My work space will need a little sprucing up first, along with some fabric sorting and sizing of some scraps.

Enjoy your weekend, the weather here looks tolerable. I hope yours will be as well. 

Until next time, remember, the possibilities are endless, let’s keep sewing the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...