Wednesday, May 11, 2022

On The Pond

Carol here ~

We have finally been able to get out on the pond in the kayaks.  


The other day when we headed out there was just a slight breeze blowing down the pond towards us.  By the time we got to the other end the wind had switched direction and picked up immensely.  Got a good arm workout on the way back!

Yesterday I counted twenty turtles on the logs at the other end of the pond.


Also seeing lots of fish.


Today I am going to load Evan's graduation quilt onto Lena.  Here is the backing...


Wild, huh?

I'm having a hard time choosing a thread color.  Originally I thought I would use a variegated thread but on closer inspection decided it wouldn't work as well as I thought.  It has a section of black and I think it will get lost on the black in the quilt.


So, I think I am going to use this one, Cool Grey.  It seems like it will read about the same on all the fabrics.


Don't know how much progress I will make on it this week, going to take advantage of the next few warm and sunny days.  

Hope you can get out and enjoy some sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...