Monday, May 9, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Nice weekend, not incredibly windy, but a breeze most of the time. Cold start but it warmed up nicely. Youngest daughter Erin arrived Saturday night and stayed until Sunday afternoon. Carol and Erin went for a kayak ride on Saturday, I went with her on Sunday. 





Carol and I went for our first ride on Friday. The turtles were plentiful on the logs on the other end of the pond. Nice rides. 



I found a spot while kayaking where the Mayflowers were so abundant on a side banking I had to walk there after my ride so I could see them better. I have never seen a “patch” with as many clusters of blooms. Quite an impressive display. 




I finished the green Tossed Nine patch I said that I was working on. 



I am now working on an orphan block top. I found a bag of blues and a light background. There were many completed 1/2 block Hunter Star blocks and some of the blues and the background fabric present in the bag. I began a layout to work with the blocks and began thinking about what I could to complete the top. 

In a trip to the fabric storage facility I found a bolt of the background and a couple blues along with the red I had in mind for what I wanted to help finish the quilt. I now have about all the Hunter Star blocks completed that I need. I’ll sew the body together then I will work on the balance of the top. 



Quite a bit warmer weather coming this week. I’ll take it, something new to complain about. If the forecast is correct, I just may need to break out the shorts. We’ll see. 

Enjoy your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...