Monday, April 25, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

What a beautiful day yesterday was. A lot of puttering happened. Some wood splitting, some raking and some general sprucing up of the woods around the area. No real reason for it but it gives me something to do. Here are a couple shots of my view as I sit by the fire last evening. 





As you can see in this one, we received the shipment of the new picnic table Carol mentioned last time. 



It’s a good thing there were no young children around during assembly as they may have enlarged their vocabularies. Kinda like mine got expanded every time as a child when my folks would set up the tent when we went camping. 

It was a beautiful warm evening wrapping up a splendiferous day.

If you have been following along for a while you may remember the septic station cover that I painted last spring. Well….. sadly to say, while it looked great last summer, after the winter… not so much. Oh well, I was afraid of that. I haven’t made a decision of what to do about it yet. I guess I’ll need to ruminate on it for a while. 



While Carol and I were walking we noticed that the May Flowers or trailing arbutus are blossoming along the roads we walk along. Very pretty and delicate flowers.



Grandson Evan’s graduation quilt top is complete. The borders were just finished. I am pleased with the results and hope that he likes it as well. 



I hope we get some warm and dry weather this week so I can continue puttering. I like the results, however, most would never notice anything was done. Much like house cleaning, nobody notices as long as you keep it up. It’s only noticed if you stop.

Enjoy your week, I’ll talk at you towards the end of the week. ‘Till then, don’t bother clean and see if anyone notices.

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt and will look for May flowers in our area!!

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...