Friday, April 29, 2022

Dempsey Center

Carol here ~

You all probably know that Dan and I continue to enjoy all aspects of quilting. The problem is we don’t need any more quilts as we don’t have storage capacity for them.

So, a few weeks ago I contacted The Dempsey Center in Lewiston to see if they had a quilt donation program and YES they do!

Some of you might be familiar with The Dempsey Center either by taking advantage of their many complementary programs for cancer patients and their families and/or participating in the annual Dempsey Challenge Fundraiser.

Click here for more info on The Dempsey Center.


Last week I mentioned that we were working on some smaller quilts, more lap/nap sized. We were making these to donate to the Dempsey Center. We had completed five so the other day we decided to take them over.

Oh my! I was really impressed, they have a whole storage room filled with quilts, afghans, chemo hats, chemo port pillows etc. All labeled and neatly organized.

Here are pix of the ones we added to the mix…









We can continue to do what we love while giving quilted comfort to others.


1 comment:

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...