Wednesday, March 2, 2022

This and That

Carol here ~

Lena and I have finally finished quilting all Dan’s quilts, working on bindings now. Still have two to go. I finished this one up over the weekend.




I had him pick this quilt up last time he was at our storage unit. It is the same quilt he is working on now that uses the 5” squares. 

Morning Stars, Pattern by Pat Speth

This quilt was pieced in 2010 and never quilted because #1 it’s a big ass quilt (106’ x 106”) and #2 back then all my quilting was freehand, wasn’t sure how I wanted to quilt it. I knew it would be on the machine for weeks (see #1) so I never got it done.

Now that I am no longer doing freehand quilting (hope I will be able to again someday) I will use Lena’s computer to quilt a nice digitized pattern on it.

I originally thought I would use it on our own bed but it has a bit more pink in it than I remembered and….I don’t do pink. We’ll see.

Big surprise, I even found the binding for it all ready to go in our binding bin!



Made bread last week that I turned into buns.  I find the buns easier to freeze plus I use them as English muffins, sandwich buns and burger buns.  I shape them as I would to make rolls, place them on a cookie sheet and use a spatula to smoosh them as flat as I can.  After the final rise and baking they look like this.


If you missed the post with my recipe for Sprouted Wheat Bread here is the original post.

Stop by on Friday for Dan's post on Maine Quilts ~ Part Two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...