Friday, February 11, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Carol would be upset if I failed to tell you about the coffee debacle. 

I got up Wednesday morn and made coffee with our Keurig coffee machine. I pushed all the requisite buttons and walked off to do something else while the coffee was doing it’s magic so my day could receive it’s initial charge. 

I came back to find out I left out one step, put the damn coffee mug under the machine. Oh what a mess. The little holder under the cup (that’s there I’m sure just for this reason) does not hold a 12 oz. cup of coffee. Be real, how many of you brew an 8 oz. cup? Not me, I brew a 12 oz. mug and if I don’t drink it all I throw it out. But had I only brewed 8 and I wanted 9 oz., well you know where I’m going with this, I would have to brew another mug. See my point, plan ahead. You won’t waste that much water. Take it from me, and I have to go get all my drinking water. 

Back to the coffee debacle, fast forward from Wednesday to Thursday, you guessed it, I did it again. Carol told me if I do it again today she’s calling the doctor to have me checked out.

While Carol was at physical therapy on Thursday I managed to get the quilt we were trying to hang last week up onto the wall. 

It wasn’t that bad, I just needed to address the project differently than before. This time I cut a piece of cardboard so I could put it up into the corner of the wall by the ceiling. With the hole for the bracket already made in the cardboard, I just needed to put it in the corner and mark the hole. This method eliminated having to get both arms over my head and trying to look up and see anything with the transition lenses in my glasses. It’s hung, no one died, all set. We think we may have to sew a few washers or something to weight the corners a little but looks fine. 



This quilt hung at Maine Quilts, Machine Quilters Expo, Vermont Quilt Festival, AQS Atlanta, Paducca, Lancaster, Grand Rapids and Road to California. It ribboned at several of them and has seen more of the country than I have. It looks good hanging there.

Vermont Quilt Festival

Road to California




I finished my current project and am ready for the next one. This one has over 1400 flying geese in it. It was fun, it took 175 hours to piece and I still have to stay stitch around the edge to keep it together until it gets quilted. I think that I may have flying geese out of my system for a while. 



Looking at the pictures there are a couple of the star blocks I would not have used, but they are there now and there they will stay.

I am working on cleaning up my workspace and putting some of my scrap quilt pieces away and “cleaning” up more of the scrap buckets. Someday I may clean up by throwing away those pesky little pieces. Somehow though, I doubt it. I have grown to like the little pieces and the variety of the colors and the fabrics I have used in the scrap quilts I created in this series. I hope you are enjoying them as well.

Enjoy your weekend, stay safe, I’ll try.

1 comment:

  1. Always enjoy seeing your creativity :) And only you know which ones you would remove, I think they all look great! Hi, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...