Wednesday, February 9, 2022

More Of The Same

Carol here ~

Nothing new and exciting happening here just more quilting and binding.

I got the binding sewed on to Rona 20 which now has the name TWO FAVORITES because two of Dan’s favorite fabrics ~ the border print and the dark blue used in the sashing diamonds ~ are used in the quilt.


I love quilt-y gadgets. Here is my Binding Baby, she holds my binding, I place her on my upright thread holder.



As I am stitching the binding onto the quilt she rotates and the binding rolls off as I need it. No more binding wrapped around my neck or getting hung up in the casters of my chair. Of course, you could probably do the same thing with a large empty thread cone but what the heck, she’s cute and makes me smile!

Here she is naked….oolala!

Binding Baby by Doohikey Designs LLC


Lena and I also got the quilting done on Rona 16 aka FAIRY STARS. 



I chose the digitized quilt pattern called CHANTILLY by Urban Elementz and used a thread called Cool Mint. It is a very pale mint green but blends well with all the fabrics of the quilt.




The quilting is very subtle which is what I was going for as I didn’t want to take away from the piecing.




So, I thought I was catching up with the “to be quilted” quilts here at the house. <sigh> I still have two more, almost three counting the one Dan is working on now. He definitely needs to be cut off!

And I don't even want to think about the three large bags of quilt tops out in our storage unit.  NOOOOO!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find your binding baby?? or did you make it :)

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...