Friday, January 14, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, Thursday evening. Beautiful day today, chilly but not like the last couple days. Earlier this week we saw a neighbor up the pond out shoveling on the ice for a place to skate. 



It looked like fun. So today after my walk I decided to do some of the same. I proceeded to shovel a “walk” from our place over to their shoveled area. When that was done I added a couple extra loops to skate around.






It’s too bad it’s supposed to snow on Monday and cover it all up. I guess in the larger scheme of things, it really doesn’t matter, I don’t skate. I don’t dare to ice skate. A fall with my messed up collarbone and shoulders would not be pretty. When I said that it looked like fun when I saw the neighbor shoveling a place to skate, what I meant was literally, it looked like fun shoveling off the ice. Someone else will need to do the skating. 

 Faith is a powerful thing. Much like me going out next summer and planting two oak trees the perfect distance apart for the new hammock (to be purchased later). When the act is performed there is no guarantee of the desired outcome occurring, only the faith that if it was meant to be then it will be. My enjoyment occurred while shoveling, it would only be amplified to see someone skate on it.

After getting the twenty two 8” x 10” blocks for the border on the Flying Geese project completed and attached to one side, I decided that I don’t like it. I think that the blocks will play better on their own and not as a border on a different top. They will probably appear in an upcoming quilt. So I have returned my design back to a forty two block layout. This means I need to make another gaggle or two of flying geese as I will need 12 more blocks. This is what it looks like as a 30 block layout. 



Oh well.

Enjoy your weekend, stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. Love this quilt… check the orientation of the star block in the lower right corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch, gonna be a pain but I guess I’ll need to fix. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...